Do you want to be able to do all you can, should an emergency happen..?
Would you know what to do if a life threatening emergency occured ? Have you ever been in this situation ? Your reaction and quick action could help somebody down the road to recovery and make for a smooth transition to professional care.
EFR Primary and Secondary Care Course’s primary focus is on recognizing and attending to most life-threatening problems, such a respiratory and cardiac arrest, severe bleeding, shock and spinal injury. You will also learn first aid skills that prepare you to render emergency care for common problems that are not immediately life threatening.
By approaching a medical emergency following certain steps you can provide basic life support in the correct priority of care, consistent with the priorities used by medical professionals. You can’t guarantee the outcome but you will know that you did all that could be done.
The program is designed for both divers and non-divers, it also meets the CPR and first aid prerequisite for earning your PADI Rescue Diver certification. You will learn (in one day) skills that could potentially save a life, ask yourself can you be without this for the sake of a day ?
What is included in this course..?
- scene safety assessment, including universal precautions for barrier se
- primary assessment, rescue breathing, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), conscious and unconscious obstructed airway management, serious bleed ing management, shock management and spinal injury management.
Secondary Care skills include :
- injury assessment, illness assessment, bandaging and splinting for dislocations and fractures
The course covers both theory and practical. You will read the PADI Primary and Secondary Care manual in advance and complete knowledge reviews, then during the class you will watch a dvd complete an exam and practice some skills. Once you are comfortable with the skills your instructor will stage emergency scenario’s where you will apply the skills you have learnt and adapt them to realistic circumstances.
What do I need to I start..?
There is no age to start and this course is beneficial for everyone. Simply contact us now to enrol
What is the cost and what is included?
Course Duration: 1 day
- PADI EFR Primary and Secondary Care manual
- Theory and practical evaluations
- excellent personalised instruction
- EFR Primary and Secondary care certification