Why become a PADI Divemaster (Dive Professional)..?
For those people who want to take their diving skills one step further and acquire the knowledge and skills to become a dive professional. This course will teach you how to
guide and supervise certified divers and orrganise dive activities. It includes classroom, pool, ocean and dive shop training – you will also become involved in assisting our Dive Instructors with student training.
There are two options for becoming a Divemaster – you can take our 12 day Divemaster Course and then go on to gain more experience after qualification or take our 2 month Dive Master Internship where you will learn all the skills
and gain experience to be immediately ‘employable’.
What Qualification level do I need ?
- Divemaster Course – Rescue Diver with 20 logged dives
- Divemaster Internship – open water certification
What is the cost and what is included..?
Option 1 – Divemaster Course – Pay for the 12 day course upfront – Cost: $2090.00 (inc. taxes)
- 2 days Pool training plus self study (in-between the training days)
- 10 days diving (min. 8 days on the S.S.Yongala Wreck)
- PADI Dive Master Crewpak
- self study will be required in-between the 12 days to complete theory
Option 2 - Divemaster Internship – $1,000
Gain ‘real’ experience during this full time internship over 2 months at Yongala Dive. Alternating other Dive Master Intern you will assist on both our vessel diving the S.S.Yongala Wreck and also around the Dive Centre and Dive Lodge. On completion of this internship we expect you to be a well rounded and highly employable Dive Master able to guide divers, assist with dive site logistics, fill tanks and maintain dive equipment and assist in both Retail Shops/Offices and liveaboard boats.
- Open Water to Dive Master Courses value over $4,000
- Accommodation, lunch and breakfast value $2,670
- Dive Master Application fee value $180
- min of 24 days diving on the S.S.Yongala Wreck
- 1 day per week for completion of theory/training
- All PADI Manuals and Dive Master Crewpak
In return for this amazing package with a total value of approx. $6,900 all we ask from you is :
- Assisting Dive staff and divers on the vessel including gear set up, guiding divers and afternoon clean-up
- 2 Days per week assisting with Accommodation in our Dive Lodge and Office (yes, including making beds)
- Preparation of food for the surface snacks and BBQ lunch
- Pick-ups and Drop-off of guests
- the Divemaster Internship fee
Please send us your resume and tell us about your diving experience and any other information you think would be useful
How often do you take on new Dive Master Interns..?
We accept new trainees approximately every two to three months, its best to call or email us early with your interest in this Internship and we can provide you with further information.
Completing your Dive Master Internship with Yongala Dive is a heavily sort after experience and your commitment to this program should be seriously considered. It can be hard work but also a lot of fun and a great way to gain the experience required to work as a Dive Master. Our previous interns have gone on to become Instructor’s and Dive Masters all around the world, many also coming back to work with us again……….and again !!
A day in the life of a Yongala Divemaster trainee:
Dive Centre & Dive Lodge Day – coming soon…..
Yongala Express Dive Day – coming soon….